Thursday, January 28, 2010

20 Weeks

20 weeks

Kinda hard to believe I'm half way there. Half way to meeting my first baby boy!! I am so excited. The girls are too. Zoe kisses my belly constantly. Aris has informed us that she has a baby in her belly just like me. We asked her what her baby's name was, she informed us, "Cinnamon Toast!" She goes around telling everyone about baby Cinnamon Toast & how she's growing in her tummy. I am guessing this is her way of coping with the fact that she will no longer be the baby of the family. Whatever works. Sloan is excited about possibly being at the birth. Dean & I haven't made a firm decision about it yet.

Did I mention I'm having a home birth? I love my midwife Diane Schaub. She is very down to earth & calm. I've always wanted to have a home birth. I like the fact that I won't have to be attached to monitors, lay in bed, or have an IV inserted as soon as I start laboring. It will also be nice to have people I know surrounding me. No nurses I've never seen before. Just a few close friends & family. I'm hoping it will be calm and an experience to treasure. This will be my last birth & I am so grateful to have this opportunity. I'm wondering if any of you have had home births. If you had please feel free to share your experiences.

Having a lot of fun these last few days working on art again. I've started taking pictures of the girls again also. Looking through the pics I took this morning makes me realize just how quickly these little ones are growing up. I love being a mom. I'm loving this stage of my life. Trying to treasure every moment has become my newest obsession. Well that & my craving of chips, dips, & salads ;) Mom, I'll be posting all the pics from the last two months tomorrow. Hugs to you all & thanks for all the congratulations from all of you. I love reading every one of your comments!

5 comments:

Chad and Elizabeth said...

SO happy for you! How old is Sloan now? I was 12 when Hannah was born and I watched the birth and to me, it was such a great experience! I thought it was really cool and for me, I wasn't grossed or weirded out. As long as you explain to her what to expect so there wont be any shocks or surprises it can be an awesome learning experience for her... (I didn't know about the afterbirth so that was the only shock I wasn't sure about until they explained my mom's guts weren't falling out and then I was ok with it) if you decide you are cool with it! Good luck with the home birth, I'll be interested in hearing about it!

Unknown said...

Chips and Dip...DEFINITELY a Boy!!! Great to see you blogging again! No home births here. GL with everything!

Kenna said...

My last brother was born at home. Wasn't quite planned, but I think the rest of us are all a bit jealous. Elizabeth was at Hannah's birth. She was a bit older than Sloan, but do what you are comfortable with. I think it helped me work extra hard at staying calm and having a peaceful delivery. Fortunately my labors are quick. The best to you all!

Ruth said...

You look great!!! How exciting!!

If I ever had another baby I would love to have a homebirth for the very same reasons you stated. I don't know anyone who has done it before but I know there's a lot of info about it now.

Ruth

Amy R. said...

Summer, wow a home birth! You are a brave girl! Julie from Urban Grace Photography on my blog sidebar had her last two babies at home. She would be a good person to talk to. That is a great reminder about cherishing every moment with the kids. I will have to say that I have not been doing a good job of that. Thanks for the reminder!