Sunday, February 17, 2008

Good Friends

Here's what it looks like in the frame.
The frame measures 12 1/2"x 14 1/2".
The opening is 9 1/2 "x 7 1/2".
Scrap book paper and embroidery thread were used to create this.

The up close.

Here it is. This is my attempt at an illustration for a boy. I am not sure it's as successful as I wanted it to be. All of the rain drops and the stitching is done with embroidery floss. Please feel free to leave some feedback on this one.


Anonymous said...

Dear Summie,
I love it! It is precious. You are amazing! The frame is a perfect compliment to the colors in the picture. Wonderful!!!
Love ya,

sara ferrel said...

I love love LOVE the alligator!! + I'm glad you guys had a good date, I hope the baby is feeling better soon! xoxoxo!

Cordwood Cabin said...

This latest project is adorable!!! I love the little birds and puts my embroidery work to shame! Hope your family is feeling better! -- Eliza

michelle said...

I really like this one. I think it's very successful for a boy. I love the 3 dimentionality of it. What mediums besides the embroidery did you use?