Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yesterday & Today

Tuesday morning I woke up to this!

Before the walk. I bundled up the girls like crazy. The weather went from tornado like winds on Monday to snow in the am on Tuesday to sunshine by Tuesday late morning. The joke around these parts is that if you don't like the weather in Nevada wait a few moments and it will change. Today was a perfect example of that. In most of the pictures it's overcast. Then a few minutes later you can see the sunshine. So crazy!

The girls are ready to go!

This is a strip of specialty shops and little food spots. Only a few shops have actually made it here. Most close down within the first few months. I think things will pick up soon in this little shopping center because the worlds largest sports store is being built next door. I have a feeling it will bring business here also. That would be very nice.

These are the water front homes built along the Marina.

Here it is, the world's largest sports store. In progress. Just what we need, another giant store with 5,000 pairs of tennis shoes. It could be cool. We'll see.

This is the girls at the end of the walk. Not so happy. It is a total of 2 miles around the Marina. On a normal day it only takes me about 20 minutes to walk it.

Zoe and I came home and had a delicious lunch of rice with tons of veggies. as you can see below she gobbled it down. She kept saying, "My mont more".

Sorry I didn't take the time to blog yesterday. I was in such severe pain I went to bed pretty early. I was in so much pain, I broke down and went to the chiropractor for an adjustment. I couldn't pick up Aris and I was feeling nauseous, my foot and fingers on my left side were going numb. After I got adjusted I didn't feel much better but I could move my neck a little more than before. I slept on an ice pack and this morning I woke up feeling like I had been kicked in the neck by a horse, but by the after noon I could move my neck a little more. I still can't move it side to side, and when I am driving I have to turn my whole body to look out the side to check my blind spots. I don't know how this happened. I just woke up last week and I was in such intense pain. Hopefully things will get back to normal in the next week or so.
I wasn't able to walk today, I thought it would be best to give my back a day to heal up before I went back to the Marina. I was able to to go for a walk yesterday. It went a little better than the day before. There was a point toward the end of the walk where both girls were crying but that didn't last for long. I have so much I would love to write about, but I must start on this painting tonight. Hope all are well. I will post pictures of the painting progress tomorrow.
P.S. 4 miles, I have walked a total of 4 miles so far.

No comments: