Thursday, July 10, 2008

The art of Failure: Chuck Connelly not for sale

All images were found on various sites when I googled the artists name. He has so many different styles, these were just a handful of my favorites.






I watched this documentary on the talented and eccentric artist, Chuck Connelly. Talk about a tortured soul. I had never even heard of this artist before tonight. I always enjoy watching films made about other artists. I love watching the ones about artists I have never heard of even more. Its like the light is turned on and a whole new world is opened up right before my eyes. The guy is so absolutely crazy and bizarre, but his paintings are amazing. I think any artist would watch this and sympathize with Chuck to some extent. I don't know any great artist who isn't a wee bit tortured. I think most artists may feel the way Chuck acts, on occasion. Where most people keep things together, Chuck doesn't. If you have a chance to watch this, I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer, I watched that documentary the other night also. I was inspired to research Chuck and stumbled upon your site. I felt so many of the same things as Chuck and how art runs the brain uncontrolably. My name is Leah Saulnier and I'm an artist in Santa Fe New Mexico. If you want to see what I do check out my site at santafepainter.com . I am currently showing in 3 places here. What inspires you in your art? Well it has been great seeing your site. Leah Saulnier whitebantam@msn.com

Jeff said...

The film is now out on DVD. Check it out at www.theartoffailure.com