Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hard to Believe

Zan & I in Summer of 1999

Me & Zana 2009

Opening of Art Town with Richie Havens. He was amazing!



A little water fun at Lake Tahoe.





Lake Tahoe

Hard to believe its been almost 9 years since Zana and I last got together. I think we both had a blast. I was sad to see her go home but take comfort in the fact that we are planning to get together in the next two years. Two years will fly by faster than I can imagine. Seriously, the summer is almost over. It has been such a mild summer at that. Right now as I'm typing it's only 68 outside. Due to the windy nature of Washoe County , it's almost chilly. Chilly? In the middle of Summer? Makes me think we are in for a very severe winter. I wouldn't be surprised. We shall see.

Hard to believe I did some school shopping for Sloan today. Even more of a surprise is the super wonderful buys I found. Gap Kids & Gymboree were both having pretty amazing sales. I'm looking to hit Old Navy this weekend for shirts and next week I get to use my Gymbucks (thank you Zana) to hopefully finish off all the kids winter wardrobe. What I can't find there I will fill in with sales from Target and thrift stores. Sloan has year round school and will start back in just three weeks. It's gone by way too fast.

Still the hardest thing for me to believe is the fact that this is my 700th post. 700th! I've been blogging for almost 2 years this September. I should do a giveaway or something but I am seriously scrambling to get some art projects wrapped up. The whole rest of the month is going to be just as crazy as the last two weeks. We have tons of family visiting and I am very excited. I promise to have a giveaway to celebrate the two year anniversary of Artfulife in September.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Summer break as much as my family and I are. Thanks for always dropping by and brightening my day with all of your comments. I am seriously blessed to call all of you my bloggy friends. Hugs to you all!

4 comments:

Elissa said...

love to see those pics of you two.... "old" friends just rock. and those little bikini girls.... oh, i just want to squeeze aris in that pic where she is looking out at the ocean! i'll squeeze ellie instead. there is just NOTHING like a two year old! thanks for sharing these.

mysteryhistorymom said...

I loved seeing your pictures, Summie! Such good times... You can see the joy and love in your pictures and it is precious. Lori

Ruth said...

How nice to be able to spend time with your friend. It's great to just be together but then so hard to say goodbye.

I can't believe how many back to school sale there already are.

Ruth

Art Nest said...

We'd better get together in the next 2 years...if we wait nine more years, we might not even recognize each other (lol) Maybe we'll bring back the shaved head duo :) N-E-V-E-R A-G-A-I-N !!

Just posted some pics on FB - talk to you soon

Zana