Friday, August 28, 2009

Good Things Come in Threes

Pumpkin #1

Pumpkin #2

Pumpkin #3

Can you tell I'm getting very excited for fall! It's just around the corner. I have been working on some new fall/Halloween art for a shop update. The baskets are almost done! I can't wait to show them to you. Look for a shop update on Monday.

In other good news, I spoke with Sloan's Dr. yesterday. She is a wonderful pediatrician. Although they still don't know what's going on with Sloan she has ordered one more blood test to see if it something simple that might be exacerbated by the fact that Sloan has diabetes. She also prescribed Naproxen which is just glorified Advil, to help with the inflammation. We are going to see how she is feeling in one month and then go from there. It's good to know that the Dr.'s feel something is wrong too. It's not just me. Now I don't have to feel like the crazy mom, LoL.

The second awesomeness that happened this week, I will be selling my artwork in a local children's boutique. Rockabye is an awesome upscale boutique where you can purchase unique toys, clothing, baby & children's furniture, and original art. It's a super cute store. I took my art in the other day and the owner loved it! She wants me to bring in as much or as little as I want to hang on the walls. We will give it a couple of months and see how it sells. I will still keep things listed in my Etsy shop, but will offer them in the brick and mortar store as well.

& Since good things always come in threes..........I went to the 2nd to the last scrapbooking store here in Reno yesterday. It is sad to say that 6 different local scrapbook stores have closed their doors in the last 6 months. That means my very wide selection of beautiful papers to buy and create from is shrinking. Thankfully this store has a pretty wonderful selection. The staff was amazingly helpful and happy. There is a possibility of me teaching a class! She really loved my stuff and will be showing it to the owner of the store. I am very excited about the opportunity to possibly teach a class. I really hope to hear from them soon.

Hope everyone has a super fun weekend. I know I am-Hugs to you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your good things! How exciting to sell and teach, AND have a great DR looking out for Sloan. Have a great weekend!!!

noodle and lou said...

woooHOOOO!!! I'm so happy for you and the local excitement about your work!! I'm super impressed...I can't bring myself to show my things to a shop in person! so silly...i know...but it's hard to put yourself out there! way to go!!!!!!

xoxo...jenn

Dana said...

I've read about the stuff going on with your daughter and think of her and you often. I hope they can figure something out soon.

jacquie said...

congratulations on getting your work in a brick and mortar store! glad that the doc and you are on the same wavelength.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! very happy news, indeed :) and your owl baskets are so adorable!
♥ Missy