Tuesday, June 21, 2011


Birthday Swim

Eleven years young Sloan. Although you are already talking about growing up faster than I want you to. Hammy burgers for dinner with Bumma, Nennan, & the rest of the famdamily. The waiters sang a cheesy happy birthday song to you while you blushed & the rest of us whooped & hollered. You got a karaoke game for your wii, a set of tiny furniture for your little Barbie babies & some tiny little LalaLoopsy sets (you like tiny things :). I am almost positive this will be the last year to buy you toys. I know this due to the embarrassed cry of "Mom!!!!!!!" when I mention toys in front of your friends. I guess it just isn't "cool" to play with toys anymore at your age. I am glad  you still do when no one else is around. I hope this eleventh year of your life proves to be a happy one. I hope that it's filled with less pain & wonderful friendship & learning experiences. Most of all I just want you to know how pleased I am with what a strong beautiful young woman you are turning into. I adore you sweet bologna. Happy Happy Birthday sweet girl!


Ruth said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. It is so hard to watch them grow up so fast. My daughter turned 18 yesterday.


Elissa said...

Oh, ELEVEN. I still played with toys too, glad Sloan does. I love what you have to say to her.

and... seriously... that bathing suit looks like it must be the cutest thing ever! :-)