Monday, July 25, 2011

19th Finish

I thought I'd let you have a little peek at my sketch process. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to get a sketch just right the first time. Other times I can sketch for a couple hours or over the course of a few days before I get things just right. This was such a fun little project to work on. My sweet friend Susan asked if I would illustrate a coloring book page for her sister Karens' wedding reception. They first saw the idea ::here:: Adorable no? They wanted to keep it simple & have space at the bottom so guests could write them wishes or hopes for their new life together. They will be putting them all together into a folder so the couple can look back on them throughout the years. Such a fun idea!

Here is the final product!

 I thought this would be the last of the wedding commissions for me but it isn't. The other day a friend saw the birdcage tags I made for my cousins wedding & she wants me to make some tags for her sisters wedding!!! So excited. I might even be adding these new items into my poor forgotten Etsy shop, lol! Maybe I'll even get around to photographing all the stacks of things I need to put into my vintage Etsy store. Sigh, so much to do!!!!

I am almost done with my 20th finish & hope to share it with you tomorrow or the next day. I'm also very excited to share the upcoming 3 finishes that I'll be working on for a dear friend of mine. It involves tons of cute vintage goodness. 

19 Down, 33 To go!


Elissa said...

summer, that coloring page alone is an AWESOME custom thing to sell and a really fun idea for weddings and showers.. love it! you are so amazingly talented.

Natalie in Sparks said...

that turned out great! you never cease to amaze me!