Sunday, August 14, 2011

20th Finish

It's hard to believe I started this project almost 2 months ago. I haven't been lazy, just busy fitting other projects into the mix. I've been working on the bibs as time has allowed.

I made these for my sweet friend Maryanne who just had her little Owen just a few days ago. She's the sweet friend that bought me my new sewing machine in exchange for some sewing. These were the last of her projects. 


This set I made for a friend I used to go to art school with. Thanks Dora for supporting my little Artfulife business :)


 Some of the ties I made from fabric & others I made from vintage Bias tape. I won a huge lot of vintage sewing items last fall & I'm trying to actually use the things that I have in the garage. While cleaning out my closet I found not 1, not 2, but 3 bags of stuffing/filling for sewing projects. Add that to the 5 other bags that I have in the garage & well......you get the picture. There have been so many times I bought some sort of sewing/art supply only to realize I already have more than one of said item.

So I decided it's time to use what I have. All of these bibs I sewed are scraps from other projects I've made over the past few years.


All my girls have taken an interest in sewing. Each of them want their own sewing machine & that just may be what they get for Christmas this year. Zoe really gets the whole process & I think she's old enough & patient enough to start learning the basics. 




I made this bib pattern by taking two of my most favorite bibs I was given when Sloan was born & combined them together to make this bib. 


Aris had fun taking scraps of fabric and placing them on top of each other. In her mind she was making a pattern. That's what she told me.

I am amazed at how long she will sit & play with scraps. Who wouldn't be excited for a feisty 4 year old to sit quietly for an hour. I got so much done & it was fun to have her right by my side.

These little button bibs were fun to make. I used one of my favorite bibs to make this pattern too. However I modified it too be wider & longer.



35 bibs in all. All made from fabric scraps. Not too shabby. It feels so good to have this project finished. I'm super excited to start my next project. It's actually 3 projects all for a dear friend of mine & I will be posting about it in the next day or so.

20 down, 32 to go

2 comments:

Ruth said...

The bibs are so cute!! I love them. You are working hard.

Ruth

Unknown said...

These are all adorable! I love it when the kids find interest in my creativity!