Saturday, June 19, 2010

10 Years

The Birthday Girl with her Daddy

Hard to believe that 10 years ago today I was holding a brand new baby in my arms. I am sure at that moment a flood of many feelings were abounding. Some of fear, fear at not knowing how to handle the job of being a single mom. Joy, joy of you being so perfect and precious. It was hard to believe I could love someone so instantly. You were an answer to prayers. Because of you I took a different path in life. A happier path & I wouldn't change that decision for all the tea in China. It was just you and me kid for oh so many years. Now you are a great big sister, a wonderful singer, and a budding artist. I am in awe at how strong you can be. You inspire me. I am so grateful that you chose me to be your mom. I think that I adore you a little more each and everyday. Happy Birthday sweet Sloanie!
Love, Mom

1 comment:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Happy Birthday, Sloan! Hope your day was absolutely wonderful- just like you! Such a pretty young lady, Summie!

I was so sure the little one would come, today! I'm glad he waited so everyone could have their own special day.:) Lori