Thursday, February 23, 2012

Granny Square

I was a little apprehensive about my fabric choices after my last post. I usually feel like I have a pretty good vision of how things are going to look in my mind but they don't always turn out as I plan when put together. I'm very visual so I figured I'd put one block together to make sure I was on the right track. Since I'm new to quilting I also mapped out the quilt block to make sure I understood how to construct it. It's a simple block but I didn't want to make a mistake. I don't have any extra of the vintage fabric. Plus it gave me an excuse to work in my new sketchbook.

In case you missed my last post here are the gingham's I choose to finish the quilt with.

I love how my first block turned out. I think it's going to be a little funky, in a good way. I really feel the gingham's are going to work together perfectly with the vintage prints. I'd love to hear some feedback.


Kay said...

so cute!!!

christilee said...

Summer things are going beautifully and perfect!!!!