I was a little apprehensive about my fabric choices after my last post. I usually feel like I have a pretty good vision of how things are going to look in my mind but they don't always turn out as I plan when put together. I'm very visual so I figured I'd put one block together to make sure I was on the right track. Since I'm new to quilting I also mapped out the quilt block to make sure I understood how to construct it. It's a simple block but I didn't want to make a mistake. I don't have any extra of the vintage fabric. Plus it gave me an excuse to work in my new sketchbook.
I love how my first block turned out. I think it's going to be a little funky, in a good way. I really feel the gingham's are going to work together perfectly with the vintage prints. I'd love to hear some feedback.