Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Scrappy Potholders & Balloon Races



I had a chance to teach a class at church last Saturday. Only two people took the class but I had a blast teaching it & I think they both had fun too. I'm still in a quilting funk. I keep waiting for the perfect moment to get back into things & it hasn't come along. I guess I will have to make magic happen. Hope to have something to share with you soon.

Since I taught my class on Saturday & Dean worked most of the weekend the only morning we had a chance to go see the balloon races was on Sunday. We packed up the kids & headed to Dawn Patrol. Dean picked up doughnuts for the girls & Omri & they were in heaven. The kids had fun & Dean took a nap. Ha! Afterward we headed out for breakfast at Fudruckers. It's an all you can eat buffet & the kids had so much fun making their own plates of food. Omri had been a little grumpy all morning. At first I thought it was because we woke him up too early. As the morning wore on I realized he was acting grumpier & lethargic. By the time we got home poor little man was running a fever. He was such a trooper the whole morning despite feeling so crummy. I had every intention of taking the kids to church when we got back. Hahahaaaa! What a joke to even think that was possible. By the time we got home all the kids were having melt downs & in desperate need of a nap. Heck, even I felt grumpy & tired from all the whining. So we all took naps. 4 hours later we all woke up. Except little man. He slept a bit longer. 











When I look at these pictures I realize all the craziness was worth it. We'll see you next year balloon races. Only all these little ones will be a year older. Crazy how fast this thing called life goes by.

2 comments:

Anna Murphy said...

Beautiful family. All the balloons are headed over this way for the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. I'll think of you.

jend said...

As always, you take such great photos! I so badly wish we could go to something like this! It looks amazing! And I love that little Aris added to the theme with her little hot air balloon shirt! Too cute!!!