Thursday, February 21, 2008

On our way

I am heading to pick up Sloan from school in just a few minutes. She, along with a few other kids have the opportunity to meet and visit with Senator Harry Reid. We will be discussing why we think it's so important to continue lobbying Congress to fund different programs that are one step closer to finding a cure for diabetes. Without this important funding it will take that much longer to find a cure for all the millions who suffer from this life long disease. This will be her second time meeting with the senator. I am excited that she has the chance to see how so many different people are working toward goals to find a cure. It's also a good way for me to introduce concepts about government, and how it's important to get involved with your leaders if you want to be heard. She doesn't really fully understand the importance of these visits, but I think one day she will look back and be happy that she did this.

Hilary is watching my little ones, and I am so grateful to her. Thank goodness for dear friends. When I get back I promise, with a capitol P, to post some pictures. Hope everyone is having a lovely day and a fun week.

No comments: